Remodeling your kitchen or bath? Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. See below for our best tips on your remodel project!
Identify your needs
That’s what this blog is all about! Take additional time during this step to ensure everyone is on board with the planning.
Some questions to consider:
- Are you remodeling or building a new home? If remodeling will you be living in the home during the remodel?
- What is the age of the home?
- Are you in a single family home, townhome, apartment/condo?
- What is the general size of the kitchen today?
- Are you expanding this space, adding on to this space, and/or relocating this space?
- How many cooks do you have in your kitchen?
- Does anyone in the home have physical limitations that should be considered? Consider typical kitchen or bath movements such as standing, walking, bending and reaching with cabinetry in mind.
- How often do you entertain?
- What are your goals for the new space? A new look, more space, more storage, prep home for resale, create my dream kitchen or bath, adding an island?
The B word, budget
Make sure your budget is realistic. Cabinets are a significant part of your home and your remodeling budget. They also add a ton of value for resale, and if done right, provide years of enjoyment for you and your family. Siteline is a fun, extremely flexible full access construction brand, with loads of great style, material and finish options for today’s semi-custom cabinet buyers. Siteline too has incredible design bandwidth – it can easily be something very modern, using materials like high gloss Acrylic, or something very organic, using materials like Structured Thermally Fused Laminate, or something more transitional/timeless, using our MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with a painted finish.
As we say, with Siteline, you see more, and get more.
Find a partner you can trust – credibility counts
Ask us about the authorized dealer in your area that are the best fit for you. They are our partners who ensure you can see and touch samples, and help you visualize your new kitchen or bath. Visit the FIND A DEALER area of our website.
Decide on your styles, materials and finishes
Your Siteline dealer and designer can assist you in product choices that fit your budget. We recommend you gather images online (either on social media sites such as Pinterest or Houzz), or offline with magazine pictures. Either way, your Siteline designer will review your inspirations and work with you to create a truly unique vision.
Choose your products
Yes, there are a lot of decisions to make when remodeling your kitchen. Questions about color, texture, style and scale all enter into the process, and, are all weighted against budget. Remember your Siteline designer will be your guide. The Siteline brand also features a myriad of creative cabinet solutions to meet every need, and a superb selection of practical and innovative storage accessories.
Finalize your design
This is truly where rubber meets the road. Your Siteline designer will ask you to finalize the floorplan and selected materials and finishes. A bit scary, we know, but once this step is accomplished, all your materials can go on order.
Plan for your installation
Work with your authorized Siteline designer on selecting installers, plumbers, electricians, and more. Our custom cabinetry will also drive your installation timeline.
Oh yes, the best part! Once your new kitchen is complete, celebrate with a small party or simply create a wonderful meal for your family.
When you’re ready to start your new project, contact us to find an authorized dealer in your area!