Mobile marketing – it’s everywhere. It’s for everyone. It’s HUGE. Are you a mobile searcher, user or buyer?
Are you reading this on a smartphone or tablet? Chances are, your answer is “Yes.” Marketers have been watching the meteoric rise of mobile usage for some time. Mobile is rapidly becoming the standard for consuming content.
Take a peek at these incredible mobile statistics. Whether you’re a mobile shopper, or a mobile marketer, you simply cannot ignore the way people research, shop and ultimately consume.
- 88% Of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
- 83% Of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important. (Wolfgang Jaegel)
- 80% Of internet users own a smartphone. (Smart Insights)
- Pinterest is the most mobile social network and 64% of its referred traffic comes from either smartphones or tablet devices. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
- Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40%
- visit a competitor’s site instead. (MicKinsey & Company)
- 57% Of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (CMS Report)
- 48% Of consumers start mobile research with a search engine. (Smart Insights)
- 48% Of millennials view video solely on their mobile device. (Source)
- 40% Of mobile searches have local intent. (Google Mobile Moments Study)
- 33% Of consumers start mobile research with a branded website. (Smart Insights)
- In 2014, smartphones accounted for over 33% of all online traffic compared to tablets at just over 12%. (Marketing Land)